Episode 2 – Multigenerational Musicking: An Interview with Kathy Monroe, founder and director of Westminster Youth String Ensemble
Kathy Monroe is the founder and director of the Westminster Youth String Ensemble (WYSE) and has been working with young string players for over twenty years. Her love is for people, not just for music, and her joy emanates to all who know her. Her passion for investing in others has led to many great ideas on how to build and unite a community through music.
Topics in this episode include:
- Giving children a voice in decision making
- Building relationships within the ensemble
- Developing a mentorship program
- Creating connections between children and senior citizens
- Supporting other local arts organizations
- Working with the local Chamber of Commerce
Westminster Strings can be found at the following links:
Please keep in touch and let us know how we’re doing! And if you are a musician, ensemble, or organization that would like to share your project with us, or if you are a fan who would like to suggest one, click on the button below!
Leave a Reply